Admission Procedure at Govt. Polytechnic College Kulgam
At Present the students are admitted in this college who are selected by Board of Technical education UT J&K for Three Year Diploma in two disciplines of engineering viz. Electrical Engineering & Civil Engineering. The Application Forms have to be submitted online only through BOTE websites www.jksbotelive.co (through URL's/ links provided for this purpose – ( https://jksbote.azurewebsites.net/ ) within the prescribed date as notified. The candidates can download admission notification, Brochure, instructions and all other relevant information from the official website of the BOTE.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION:
Candidates applying for admission to Diploma in Polytechnic Courses must fulfil the following eligibility conditions namely:
A candidate must:
- be permanent resident either UT of J&K or UT of Ladakh, as the case may be;
- have passed Secondary School Examination (Matriculation or equivalent examination) from a recognized statutory Board for all the courses. The candidates appearing/appeared in qualifying examination can also apply for the admission;
- have obtained at least 35% marks in 10th /12th class in case of open merit and reserved category candidates;
- have passed with Science and Math subjects in 10th class examination at the time of counselling and secured percentage of marks as given above. Note: There is no upper age bar for admission in polytechnics
|S. No.||Reserved Categories||Reservation in %age|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||08|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||10|
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (other than Scheduled Castes and Schedule Tribes)|
|a. Weak and Under Privileged Classes,
|b. Residents of Area Adjoining Actual Line of Control
(ALC) / International Boarder (IB)
|c. Residents of Backward Area (RBA)||10|
|Pahari Speaking People (PSP)||04|
|Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)||10*|
|Physically Challenged Persons (PwD)||04 (Horizontal)|
*As per S.O. 69 dated 28-02-2020 and OM No. SW/PSP/04/2017 dated 09-05-2020 issued by Social Welfare Department of J&K Govt. the benefit of Reservation under EWS clause shall be available only in respect of those institutions, where the intake capacity of seats has been increased by the competent Authority from time to time for the said purpose.
Whenever students are selected for Diploma Course, the following procedure is adopted for getting admission:
- The students are advised to go through the Brochure / Prospectus / Admission Form before filling up the Admission Form.
- The filled in Admission Form along with the following original documents is to be got verified from the concerned Admission committee of the Institution.
- Students are advised to retain sufficient Attested Photo copies of the above said Certificates with them as the originals would not be issued to students during their course period. List of original documents to be attached:
- Date of Birth Certificate.
- Marks Certificate of Matriculation (10th).
- Scheduled Caste/ Backward/ or any other Category Certificate on which basis selection has been granted.
- Eight Passport size photographs.
- Domicile Certificate.
- Discharge Certificate from the Institution last attended.